Links

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh, Sidney James Wingfield!!

Happy late birthday, Nate and Danielle!!  What a weekend we had celebrating!!

It started out with a late trip to the Quad Cities for me.  Dennis stayed in Iowa City to celebrate with Nate downtown and I was heading out to meet Jane, Danielle and her friends at Nan's Piano Bar in Davenport.  Before heading to D-port I ran by my parents' house to get my mom for hers and Jane's first meeting.  Before my mom and I landed at the piano bar I received a phone call from DL informing me that the one, the only Sidney James Wingfield was playing that evening... and this is when I s*** my pants!  I couldn't believe it.  For those of you who have not heard me go on and on about this man let me sum it up for you.  He's going to play at our wedding and I LOVE HIM!  Sidney is maybe the most amazing piano player/entertainer I have ever seen.  He has a special place in mine and Dennis' heart, hence the reason he'll be playing at our reception.  It's crazy that he was playing in the QC for a couple of reasons.  1.  He's from Florida, and who leaves the sunny state for the QC (he plays in IC because he's originally from the area)?  2.  Jane has had the opportunity to see him play, but my mom hadn't so it was a wonderful opportunity for her to get a taste of why Dennis and I are going the route we are for our wedding reception!  3.  Did I mention I love this man?!

Anywho, great show as usual with the exception of Matt "I bang the hell out of the piano just because" blah, blah, blah.  he was Sidney's dualing partner for the evening and we hate him.  After Jane and my mom got to know one another a little bit (lost them for an hour and a half) and Danielle had her fill of birthday fun we took off for a late night bite and IHOP!  I was quickly reminded of why breakfast food is so necessary at 2:00 in the morning.  It was was delicious.  A late night, but a wonderful night.

Saturday Jane and Danielle trotted out to North Liberty just for us all to turn around and head back to the QC to see Sidney's Saturday night show.  Again, he never disappoints!  GO SEE HIM IF HE'S IN YOUR AREA!  We even sat in "VIP" seating (THANKS, SID!!).  It was another fun filled night of our favorite tunes.  Oh, and IHOP again at 2:00 a.m.  Thanks, Jane, for coming in, Linda (mom) for joining us and here's to 24 years for DL and Nathan!!

Sidney James Wingfield

Linda and Jane getting to know one another.

Danielle being serenaded!!

The ladies with THE MAN!

Mmmm... IHOP!!



No comments: