Links

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Boys and a Skirt

The Boys and a Skirt
I have been doing a lot of blog reading as of late.  I was hunting in fact.  Hunting for the perfect tree skirt for our oh, so perfect tree.  I searched high and low, all over Pinterest.  And then... there it was.  The perfect tutorial for our perfect tree.  You can see the tutorial here.  Wanna hear something crazy, this blogger and I shared the same “fugly” tree skirt from the start.  We made over the exact same skirt from Target (that I got on clearance two years ago for $1.80- so what a cheap project)!  Silver with way too much glitter and not enough PIZAZZ!  A little burlap, pretty generic red fabric and six hot glue gun blisters later and she was finished.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!  I love everything about it- but my favorite part has to be the loose ends on the burlap.  It gives it this unfinished, used for forty years, handed down kind of appeal that I was shooting for.  I dressed the tree with it this evening and (posed) the boys joined me in admiring our perfect tree.  The photo of the boys may just be adorning next year's Christmas card.  They look like little angels don't they?  But, back to the tree skirt... such a wonderful way to spend the afternoon!

No comments: