Links

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Smells and Sounds


Smells & Sounds

I am not a sit around and do nothing all day kind of gal, but today is different.  Once again, it’s blazin’ hot outside.  While we were at the farm this morning at 8:30 the temp was already reading 86°.  I’m not interested in trying to play in 99° this afternoon.  By the way, if you were to ask me what I think the temperature of Hell is I would simply answer with 99°.  It seems to be the number Mother Nature is stuck on these days in the greater Chicagoland area.  My boys instantly want to come back inside the second they walk out the door and into the wall of  suffocating heat.  So, today we are staying in.  Opening new school supplies.  I am obsessed with the way a new box of crayons smell.  Doodling over anything that will accept a new coat of color.  Making endless trails of perfectly lined up Match Box cars.  I guarantee that the boys can make car noises for an hour straight without taking a breath.  We'll also be watching movies until our eyes pop out.  Without a doubt Cars and Cars 2 will be making appearances.  And, there might be a couple of batches of cookies in there somewhere.  The laundry is going to have to wait, and so are the dishes.  I’ll be drawing geometric shapes and quizzing my two and three year-olds if the vacuum calls wondering where I am.  


No comments: