Sunday, August 30, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Step Three: Make sure I stretch my arms and legs really good.
Usually have to close one eye for this to happen properly.
Step 4: Repeat... Just in case I didn't get it the first time.
Step 5: Ok, I'm awake. Let's play!!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Mikey is now...
- 24 inches long and in the 75th percentile (22 inches at birth)
- 15 lbs. 7 oz and in the 95th percentile (8 lbs. 12 oz at birth)
- with a pumpkin head that is 40.5 cm around (36 cm at birth)
First of all, I love our pediatrician. Dr. James is thorough and as nice as could be. As he was going over Mikey's growth chart he was happy with his progress. The minute he turned to his weight chart he was taken aback!! "Whoa, we have an offensive linebacker on our hands here!" is exactly what he said. I just smiled. He followed it up with, "Obviously, nutrition isn't an issue."
We went over the routine check list. Can hold head up on his own. Check. Is he vocal. Check. Still has some newborn reflexes. Check. Can follow objects with his eyes. Check. And, so on. Then came the moment of truth. Just as our sweet boy was drifting off for his afternoon nap the nurse walks in with three syringes and an oral vaccination. First, the oral. Just peachy. Then came the harsh reality of vaccinations. May I remind you that he had just drifted off. With a one, a two and a three our son was purple and hysterical from the two ladies stabbing his chunky little thighes with horrifically long syringes. Two Curious George Band-aids later we were on our way with two thumbs up from Dr. James.
How our little boy passed out from the trauma. Look at those Band-aids.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Color coded and everything!!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
- Spent my first trip away from Mommy and Daddy. I spent four days with Gramma and Boompa, loads of fun it was!
- I laugh now. Mommy is trying to catch this on tape to share. I'm not cooperating very well.
- I'm ticklish on my thighs and under my arms. This is how my parents discovered my laughing ability.
- I'm sleeping through the night like a big boy. Some nights I sleep 8-9 hours, but last night I slept for 11! Hey, I work very hard during the day. I need my rest.
- I can hold my head up for as long as I want now. I can even turn it side to side with no problem. GodMom Keri discovered this with kisses.
- I can hold long conversations with anyone willing to participate. My end consists of coos and aahhhs and smiles, but I think I'm getting the point across.
- I now wear six month old clothing. That's right folks, I'm huge!!
- The hair on the top of my head has finally filled in. Looks to be blonde and red! Oh, and it's super curly!
- Dear Infantino Toy Company, I love you! You make the coolest stuff! I can't get enough of it.
- I take a few naps during the day. A short cat nap after my first bottle of the day and then I take a long mid-day nap (four hours or so), then another cat nap in the evening before bed time at 9:30.
- When I'm a little upset the only way Daddy can get me to calm down is to get me naked. I love being naked. I think it's the freedom I like.
- I eat cereal in two of my bottles during the day now. I really, really enjoy that stuff. It fills my belly and makes me all warm inside.
- "If You're Happy and You Know It" is my favorite song. I also enjoy "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", "Patty Cake" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Actually I enjoy anything that has to do with clapping my hands or feet together. In fact, Mommy is working so hard on this high five thing. That's so much fun, too!
- I wear a size 3 diaper now. So much for the little ones.
- My bath time is still my favorite time. Now I can hold a few of my cool toys while I'm getting washed up!
- That reminds me, I can hold on to a few of my toys now. It's so crazy, I shake 'em and they make the neatest sounds. I get so excited I start flapping my arms as fast as I can like I'm gonna fly. I never do though.
- I love being read to. Mommy and I read books every day. I especially love Dr. Seuss. Mommy reads them so fast and I think it's funny.
- I really, really love being outside. There's something about the fresh air!
- Daddy and I have been watching the Sox a lot lately. Mommy refuses to watch the Cubbies because she says she can't take it any more. Daddy just keeps saying Detroit lost today. Don't know, don't necessarily care.
- I understand football season is upon us. I'm currently practicing up on all things Chicago Bears. I remember there's something about the T formation and me being born in the year of Jay Cutler. Don't ask me.
- I had the chance to spend lots of time with my aunties and uncles. Auntie Gabby, Auntie Meg, Uncle Michael and Auntie Laura each spent some alone time with me this month. It was awesome. I love you guys!!
- I'm lost without my bouncey seat. Period.
Mommy asked me to remind everyone to be patient. The Apple is still rotten and she is working very hard to get some new pictures up of me. So, keep your eyes open for lots and lots of new snapshots of who else, ME!!
Love and Pampers,
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Kim: Mick and Squirt (like the little turtle from Finding Nemo)
Den: City Counselman Don Haskins (Dennis says because our son is a little overweight, he takes himself too seriously, and if he could buy his own suit it would be tweed)
Joint: Schnoogums Boogums! (Just because we can)
Of course, Mikey doesn't have an opinion yet. All I know is that when Dennis is having a conversation with him on whether or not Michael is going to sign off on Proposition 965 he smiles! Leave it to Dennis to come up with something absolutely ridiculous, and at the same time priceless!!