Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
A project by Kim. Thank you, Martha Stewart!!
Boompa making executive decisions.
"Hey, whatcha got there?"
"Oh, I see."
"Mom, I got it. Just throw this stuff around, right?"
"That feels awesome on my toes. Where can I get more of this stuff?"
Three little pumpkins...
Trick or Treat
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Weight: 18 lbs.
Height: 27 in.
Head Circ: 18 in.
*All in the 95th percentile!
Dr. James spent some time with him going over the general exam. He's a fan of how strong Michael is! He's a bit more developed anteriorly than most 4 month olds, which means he's sitting incredibly well for a baby his age. He followed objects perfectly and passed the exam with flying colors. Michael received four vaccinations (quickly followed by the hardest cry ever). I was a little upset that he couldn't receive his FLU vaccination, because the hospital hasn't received them yet. Hopefully, by the time we get to Chicago and get settled our new pediatrician will have the necessary vaccinations and boosters. So, just what I like to hear. "Kim, he's perfect!" See, I'm not the only one who thinks so!! :)
Sunday, October 11, 2009
It's me, MLB. Just checkin' in again with my loyal readers. I'll have you know that I'm four months old now! This only means that I'm bigger and better than the last time you heard from me. What's new with me you ask... well, let me tell ya!
- I can almost roll over. That's right. I just can't figure out how to get my right arm out from under my one ton body.
- I eat three meals a day and maybe a snack bottle in between. Cereal in the morning (followed by a bottle). Some form of smooshed fruit and a bottle for lunch (followed by a long nap). Dinner is a little combination of the three- fruit, cereal, bottle. Mmmmm, good.
- I'm still sleeping for 12 hours a night! Take three naps during the day. The doctor says I need my rest considering I'm a growing boy.
- I'm getting in two teeth. They are really tiny yet, but they are definitely there!
- I LAUGH... not giggle... BIG BELLY LAUGHS! Daddy's my favorite to laugh at/with.
- If you smile at me, I will smile at you :)
- I can give high fives. Mommy thinks it's because I know what a high five is. The truth... I just want to hit that thing in my face.
- I love my teething rings! The cold feels so good on my tongue. Mommy calls them my popsicles.
- Jumperoo = still my favorite toy. Although, my rings are a close second.
- I reach, grab, pull, push, swing, jump and almost roll. I'm a little sad the Olympics won't make it to Chicago. I think I might have been participating at the rate I'm going.
- I poop every two days. Sorry if that's too much information, but it pleases Mommy so I wanted to share.
- I'M MOVING TO CHICAGO!
- My Bumbo is helping me get strong posterior muscle strength says Dr. James!
- Still in a size three diaper.
- 18 lbs. 27 in. Can anyone say 95%!!
- I made my first trip to a pumpkin patch. I may have slept through most of it, but I thoroughly enjoyed what I did see.
- I've had the chance to meet a few new people on both sides of the family! Loved all of you!
- I love to talk (and boodle as Boompa calls it).
- I've developed this high pitched scream, which I find amusing. Daddy does not.
- Love, love, love chewing on my lovies (favorite blankets).
- Still love being naked more than anything.
- I wear size 12 month-18 month clothing. Again, 95%.
I think that may be all for the moment. Mommy, Daddy and I are all really excited for our big move that is happening next week. Next time you hear from me I will be coming to you from the great state of ILLINOIS! Iowa has been lovely, but I'm excited to be in a place that both Mommy and Daddy love. Catch ya on the flip side!!
From my crib to yours,
Friday, October 2, 2009
I'm not going to say I was the biggest fan of Chicago hosting the games, but I had a few reasons to get excited about the idea. One, I could fed my volleyball/basketball/track appetite in a matter of two weeks. Two, I would have loved for Dennis and I to take the train into the city and spend the day with Michael downtown exposing him to the wonderful world of sport. The idea that the majority of the world's best athletes contained within our favorite place would be heaven for a family who enjoys the full spectrum of athleticism. I remember vividly a high school coach telling me that my passion for the sports I enjoyed was incredibly contagious. I was hoping Michael could catch the passion while watching the athletes he will grow to love and admire.
Congrats Rio de Janeiro.