Links

Friday, October 2, 2009

Chicago Doesn't Medal.

Needless to say, I'm a little upset that not only was Chicago not elected to host the 2016 Olympics, but the city was knocked out in the first round of voting! This has got to be some kind of a sick joke. Joke's on us, AMERICA.

I'm not going to say I was the biggest fan of Chicago hosting the games, but I had a few reasons to get excited about the idea. One, I could fed my volleyball/basketball/track appetite in a matter of two weeks. Two, I would have loved for Dennis and I to take the train into the city and spend the day with Michael downtown exposing him to the wonderful world of sport. The idea that the majority of the world's best athletes contained within our favorite place would be heaven for a family who enjoys the full spectrum of athleticism. I remember vividly a high school coach telling me that my passion for the sports I enjoyed was incredibly contagious. I was hoping Michael could catch the passion while watching the athletes he will grow to love and admire.

Congrats Rio de Janeiro.


No comments: