Links

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

To Eat or Not to Eat?!

appauling and tastes appauling but fills little bellies with delight!Our son has been a bit fussy lately. And by fussy I mean it seems that he's not happy unless he's in his bouncy seat, eating or we are playing with him. We were also experiencing a problem with him not being able to eat an entire bottle before falling asleep which meant he was taking shorter naps. Plus, this past week he went from sleeping through the night to going down at 10:00 or so and waking up again at 3:00 and then at 6:00. I believe this has something to do with the fact that I can't get him to eat maybe as much as he should before passing out for what used to be the entire night. Enter rice cereal. Now, I'm a researcher. I read up on everything. My question in the google search bar yesterday "When to give baby cereal?". I read all sorts of things, but I found a large community of moms who were in my same situation. Baby passes out before getting a full belly. Now, Mikey goes in to see his pediatrician on the 18th, so I realize that I may have jumped the gun here a little bit. but yesterday I made the executive decision to give this a whirl. I sprinted into our local Target, made a bee line for the baby food aisle and quickly scooped up an oversized box of Gerber Rice!! Fast forward to Mikey's bedtime. We took a bath, still his favorite thing. We read a few books. Then my son took down six hard ounces of rice infused breast milk and VOILA! He slept from 8:45 p.m. until 5:45 a.m. this morning!! That is nine blissful hours of beauty sleep for our little guy. I jumped out of bed at 5:45, turned to the alarm clock and giggled! Yes. Now this morning Mikey had a normal bottle when he woke up, I just gave him a bottle with some rice in it before his morning nap and he is sound asleep having ate the entire bottle before drifting off. Love it. Thank you, Gerber, for making a product that looks and tastes appauling to adults but is an infant belly filling delight.

I love you rice cereal. I love you.

No comments: