Links

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm 5 Months Old (Exclusively from MLB)!!

Hello again friends,

I'm FIVE WHOLE MONTHS OLD!! Whoooaaaa!! I can't wait to tell you about all the cool stuff I've learned to do. Let's not wait any longer, here it goes...

  • The most exciting news... today on my five month birthday I surprised everyone by independently rolling over, OVER AND OVER again! It's my new favorite thing to do. Mommy and I were upstairs and she was cleaning the bathroom. Much to her surprise when she peeked out to check on me while I was on my playmat she found me on my belly! She screamed. She flipped me back over to my original position on my back and BOOP... there I go again. Now that I've realized all I have to do is pick my feet up for some leverage I can't get enough of my cool new manuever. Now if only I could get from my belly to my back. All is good time I suppose.
  • I eat like a horse. I've tried all kinds of new foods. Squash, peas, carrots, all different kinds of fruits and such. But, I must tell you that my favorites by far are applesauce and pears. Oh, and this great stuff Mommy calls juice. There are all these different flavors and I'm a fan of all of them.
  • I really, really, really love my family. They make me laugh so hard. I'm so lucky to have so many people around me who love me so much. MUAH to you guys!
  • I prefer to sleep on my side now (now that I can get there myself). Still have to start the night with my blanket and Big Bunny, and then I make my way to my right side where I still sleep through the night (well, most of the time).
  • I'm an early riser. 6:00 on the dot usually. To bed at 7:30, so if I'm doing my math correctly that 10 1/2 hours of beauty rest, which have you see me lately? It's paying off :)
  • My toes are my new best friends. I love them in my mouth.
  • Sesame Street is a good time. I watch for about 1/2 an hour a day in my swing while Mommy does a few mommy things. I'm a fan of Elmo.
  • I'm close to sitting up all by myself. I assume now that I can roll over all on my own my back will get stronger quickly. I'm setting goals for myself. Sitting up by Thanksgiving and crawling by Christmas. And, believe it or not, I may just have the crawling thing down sooner rather than later.
  • My favorite book is GOOD NIGHT, MOON. Mommy and I read it every night at bedtime along with another story. Those kittens and their mittens are funny.
  • I wear size 12-18 month clothing. HUGE!
  • I get to meet my new pediatrician next month. Now that we live in Darien I am going to be a patient of Dr. Matray. He also happened to be my Daddy's pediatrician which I think is just so cool.
  • I chew on absolutely everything. My feet, hands, toys. You name it. It goes in my mouth.
  • The weather has been so nice lately that Mommy, Gramma and I have been exploring outside a little. We went for a long walk at Waterfall Glen and then we spent a day or so out in the yard playing with leaves and grass. Mommy tells me not to expect days like this too often in November. I just stare at her in agreement.
  • I love, love, love being flipped upsidedown. Mommy and Daddy call it "UP-Side-Down Baby Time". It's a blast!
  • Daddy is teaching me how to play the piano, and by teaching me I mean he plays and I listen. I then take a seat and try to play what he just played. I haven't quite got it yet but I feel like I am close.
  • I boodle so much that my Boompa now calls me Boodle. I hope that some day soon I will be able to put words together. But, for now, boodling is my specialty.
  • I'm horribly torn apart by the play of the Chicago Bears and the Hawkeyes loss to North western. It ruined my last weekend.
  • Mommy and I are going to start taking a baby music class in December so I can meet some kids my own age. I'm really looking forward to it!
  • I have this really funny thing in my mouth that I stick out at everyone around me. I think it's called a tongue. Who knows.
  • It's the craziest thing. Every once in a while Mommy and I will be walking around and we find another little Mikey in certain places in our house. He looks just like me and moves like me and laughs like me. There's another Mommy, too. I don't know where they go when we move, but I think I like 'em.
  • I'm so LUCKY!!

That's it for now. I'll get back to you in a month or so with yet another update. Thanks for reading!!

Bear down,

MLB

No comments: