Links

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Den.

Both of my boys are fast asleep upstairs, so I thought I would take the free minute to brag about my wonderful fiance. 
 
I spent a lot of my pregnancy with Michael wondering what kind of a father Dennis would be.  Would he be hesitant around a new baby?  Would he "jump" out of bed to do 2:00 a.m. feedings?  Lots of "would he"s.  He has without a doubt surpassed any expectations I had for him when it comes to caring for both myself and Michael.  Since the moment he was born Den's been a hands on, "can I get that for you", "what's our little guy need now?" kind of a dad, and I couldn't be luckier.  As a new mom it amazes me what a new child does to a man.  Dennis walks taller, works harder, loves with more passion and moves with purpose.  The minute Mikey came into our lives (and during my pregnancy) Den has been nothing but my backbone.  Our son has no idea how much his Daddy adores him.  You can see it every second of the day, and I'm so fortunate to have the best seat in the house to witness it.  My new favorite thing... watching the two of them together.  

Den, we love you.  Happy FIRST Father's Day!!  


Their first moment alone together.

My two boys

No comments: