Links

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Breier!!

That's right, I'm officially Mrs. Kimberly Breier!!

Let's just say that since we became engaged in December our first priority was our son. Sure we thought about the wedding, but again, we had a baby on the way and wanted to devote all of our attention to him being healthy and in perfect shape.

Fast forward to June when the little squirt arrived we took a deep breath and decided it was time to start speed planning for the wedding. Quite frankly, Dennis and I had been having a difficult time with keeping our names straight. I'd been calling him my husband for months and not correcting myself, and I found out just recently that he had been doing the same. We literally sat down three weeks ago and said... "I want to be married to you. Period." Would our original plans be wonderful, absolutely. But, truth is I love this man so much all I wanted is to be married to him. So, when considering what was important to us we decided to skip past all the hoopla a big wedding entails, go get hitched, be a family and throw a couple of bashes to celebrate along the way. That's exactly what we did. We got married Friday, July 24th by Judge Gerard, who was more eloquent than expected. He made our ceremony seem personal, not generic as you would expect at a courthouse ceremony. Our parents came in for the occassion, Jane serving as one witness and my mother as the other. Ten minutes after meeting Judge Gerard he was signing off on the legalities. It was beautiful!! I don't have words to explain how splendid it was. Following the ceremony we stopped for cocktails at the Atlas and Joe's (where Dennis and I met) before heading to what may have been some of the best food I've ever eaten at Joseph's. Champagne, crab cakes, Grey Goose, steak, a little more champagne. SOOO GOOD!! And, the company wasn't bad either. :) Then a tsunami rolled into Iowa City. Rain on your wedding day is good luck, right?! Dennis and I shared our first dance at The Piano Lounge (where we exchanged our first I love yous) to She's Got a Way. A few more cocktails were indulged in and then we were off to a night alone at the Sheraton. Thank you Auntie Gabby for watching our tyke!! And, Mom, Dad, Jane and Mike, we wouldn't have wanted anyone else there. Thank you for everything, especially sharing that moment with us. We love you.

I catch a glimpse of Dennis' ring and smile knowing how incredibly lucky I am to be with someone who loves me just as much as I love him. I can't wait to spend the rest of my days with him. God knows I will never be bored. Here's to 70 years or more. I love you, babe.

FYI- Friends Shower and Reception is September 26th in Iowa City followed by a family affair on October 10th at Dennis' parents' home in Darien. Information to follow.

(Pics coming soon.)

No comments: