Links

Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Dearest Mikey...

Hello, my baby boy.

You have been in my life for four weeks. Four marvelous weeks. I'm sleep deprived, you've peed on me more than once, and I can't keep up with the laundry and it's all so marvelous. The truth is I find myself sitting with your daddy in our brief moments of silence and I'm pinching myself.

Your life, although you've only been here for four weeks, has rattled my world and calmed my crazy waters. Before you were here I knew you would impact my life so greatly, I just didn't know to what extent. I don't believe I could have comprehended it at that time. Now that it's my reality I am so happy I could just burst. You make me so happy.

The three little chubby rolls on each of your thighs make me giggle. I love running my hand over your barely there blonde hair. I would do anything to have you grasp my finger (with those giant paws of yours) for the entire day, but you're only interested in doing it in short intervals. Now when you hear me you turn your head to search for me and it melts my heart. Your bath time is our calmest time together. You're even more active when you sleep than when you are in your bathtub. To see you with your daddy makes time stand still. When I lay you down to sleep at night it takes all of my energy not to run up and check on you every two and a half seconds. The way your skin smells puts me at ease. I laugh outloud when you stretch after waking from your naps. It's just the cutest thing. You are more amazing than I could have imagined. I love you with all that I have.

Thank you, God, for this generous gift.

Hugs and kisses,

Mommy

No comments: