Links

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Decking the Halls!!

Wow, what a weekend packed full of Christmas activities, including making gifts. We've been doing nothing but decorating since Friday. Saturday really made my winter. We bundled Mikey up in his snowsuit for the first time (hysterical) and made a trip to the local tree farm and found our first family Christmas tree. I found it, Dennis cut it down, Mikey watched, Mike helped and we hauled it home. Spent the next couple of hours decorating it and I had a smile on my face the entire time!! I grew up only knowing that Christmas meant taking the time to find the tree that would be in our home for weeks. My parents have never had an artificial tree, and the events that took place around finding that tree are some of my favorite childhood memories. I wanted to share those experiences with Dennis and Michael. So, we did just that. I think we found ourselves a winner. The perfect shape. The perfect height. It makes our boy smile. Mike and Jane were also busy at work this weekend trimming their trees, erecting snow villages and spreading merriment about the house. What a good weekend. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

Some of the gifts I've been making.

Mike working on one of his villages.
Jane dancing to Christmas carols while decorating.
Getting Mikey all bundled up.
A Christmas Story anyone??
Found it!!
Now, getting it down.
The first of many.
Dennis proud of his accomplishment.
Getting it in the house.
Trimming the tree.

All finished.
Mike's village #1.
Mike's village #2.

No comments: