Links

Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm 6 Months Old (Exclusively from MLB)!!

Hello loyal blog followers,

Michael Lincoln here. Coming straight at you from my crib. Wow, I'm six whole months old now. How exciting! I'm learning so many new things that each day comes with a new surprise. Let's get started on the list...
  • I sit. I roll over (only back to belly, though. I'm still working on the other way.) I walk (in my walker of course). I jump (in my Jumperoo)! I really, really love the exercise!!
  • I sleep on my side now and maybe not all the way through the night. Let me tell ya, since moving here to Chicago I just haven't been able to get back into my old routine. Mommy and Daddy are working very hard to solve this dilemma.
  • I've seen my first snow fall! That stuff is soooo cold. Mommy gave me some to play with and I didn't want anything to do with it. I hope I get used to it before Boompa takes me sledding.
  • Mommy, Daddy and I cut down our first Christmas tree recently which meant I got to get all dressed up in my snowsuit. Not a good time- in the snowsuit that is.
  • I'm still in a size 4 diaper and 12-18 month clothing. I might be the size of a two year-old but fun like a six month old.
  • My favorite food at the moment is carrots. Can't get enough of them. Oh, and those bitter biscuits I get for dessert and mashed potatoes!! Yum-O!
  • The sippy cup plays tricks on me. I still can't figure out how to get juice out of it all of the time, only some of the time. Argh.
  • My favorite time is in the morning with Daddy. We play in bed together for a while (I think it's so he can really wake up). He does these push-up things with me that make me tummy tickle.
  • Speaking of tickling... I'm ticklish everywhere. My feet, my armpits, my toes, my thighs, EVERYWHERE!!
  • I'm very, very close to crawling. I just can't seem to hold up all that weight (aka my head) with my little arms. I'm getting stronger every day and soon will be scooting across the floor.
  • I'm super snuggley. I just found out that I can put my head on Mommy's shoulder when I'm tired and it's a pretty comfortable spot, too.
  • Mommy had to pack my jungle playmat away because I destroyed it.
  • I pull hair now all the time.
  • I suck on three of my fingers at once. Two just isn't enough.
  • I can put my feet all the way in my mouth. It's a true art form.
  • I can stand for long periods of time (if somebody is holding my hands, of course). In fact, I love it.
  • Still love car rides.
  • I'm asking Santa for a puppy for Christmas. Daddy says this probably won't be happening.
  • I'm a huge fan of Christmas lights. They are all over the house and I spend hours just staring at them. My fave is my Crosstown Classic tree that Mommy put up in my room. Cubs. White Sox. I've got the best of both worlds.
  • Daddy's whiskers tickle so much that I can't help myself but to break out in hysterical laughter whenever he rubs his face on my belly.
  • My favorite books are the "If You Give..." series. If you give a pig a pancake...
  • I love my family.

I think that may just be it for now. I'll be catching you on the flip side!!

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays. I hope Santa is good to you (and to me:)!

xoxo,

MLB

No comments: