Michael Lincoln here. Coming straight at you from my crib. Wow, I'm six whole months old now. How exciting! I'm learning so many new things that each day comes with a new surprise. Let's get started on the list...
- I sit. I roll over (only back to belly, though. I'm still working on the other way.) I walk (in my walker of course). I jump (in my Jumperoo)! I really, really love the exercise!!
- I sleep on my side now and maybe not all the way through the night. Let me tell ya, since moving here to Chicago I just haven't been able to get back into my old routine. Mommy and Daddy are working very hard to solve this dilemma.
- I've seen my first snow fall! That stuff is soooo cold. Mommy gave me some to play with and I didn't want anything to do with it. I hope I get used to it before Boompa takes me sledding.
- Mommy, Daddy and I cut down our first Christmas tree recently which meant I got to get all dressed up in my snowsuit. Not a good time- in the snowsuit that is.
- I'm still in a size 4 diaper and 12-18 month clothing. I might be the size of a two year-old but fun like a six month old.
- My favorite food at the moment is carrots. Can't get enough of them. Oh, and those bitter biscuits I get for dessert and mashed potatoes!! Yum-O!
- The sippy cup plays tricks on me. I still can't figure out how to get juice out of it all of the time, only some of the time. Argh.
- My favorite time is in the morning with Daddy. We play in bed together for a while (I think it's so he can really wake up). He does these push-up things with me that make me tummy tickle.
- Speaking of tickling... I'm ticklish everywhere. My feet, my armpits, my toes, my thighs, EVERYWHERE!!
- I'm very, very close to crawling. I just can't seem to hold up all that weight (aka my head) with my little arms. I'm getting stronger every day and soon will be scooting across the floor.
- I'm super snuggley. I just found out that I can put my head on Mommy's shoulder when I'm tired and it's a pretty comfortable spot, too.
- Mommy had to pack my jungle playmat away because I destroyed it.
- I pull hair now all the time.
- I suck on three of my fingers at once. Two just isn't enough.
- I can put my feet all the way in my mouth. It's a true art form.
- I can stand for long periods of time (if somebody is holding my hands, of course). In fact, I love it.
- Still love car rides.
- I'm asking Santa for a puppy for Christmas. Daddy says this probably won't be happening.
- I'm a huge fan of Christmas lights. They are all over the house and I spend hours just staring at them. My fave is my Crosstown Classic tree that Mommy put up in my room. Cubs. White Sox. I've got the best of both worlds.
- Daddy's whiskers tickle so much that I can't help myself but to break out in hysterical laughter whenever he rubs his face on my belly.
- My favorite books are the "If You Give..." series. If you give a pig a pancake...
- I love my family.
I think that may just be it for now. I'll be catching you on the flip side!!
Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays. I hope Santa is good to you (and to me:)!