Links

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm 11 Months Old!! (Exclusively from MLB)

Hello Month Eleven,

I can't wait to tell you about all the cool new things happening in the world of MLB... ME!!  Let's get started...

  • I can crawl up stairs like a champ.  Still working on coming down, but just like everything else it's a work in progress.
  • I can now say Dada, Mama, up, hi, no and shake my head yes.  
  • I eat the majority of my meals with my little fingers.
  • I can stand up all by myself, but still not taking steps without hitting the deck.  Again, work in progress.
  • I have been moved to a new Gymboree class with the bigger kids.  All of them are walking for the most part, so hopefully they are a good influence on me.  I practice pushing things across the floor and my balance a lot.  Oh, and I know I said bigger kids but what I should have said is older kids.  I'm the tallest in my class.
  • I love the pool.  Mommy and Daddy joined and we plan on spending a lot of time there.  I have a cool new float thingy that I just hang out in and practice my leg kicks.  Mommy is thinking about putting me in swim lessons.  I'm stoked.
  • I turn ONE in a month.  Can you believe it?!
  • I clap every time I finish a meal.  
  • I know how to share!!  I will share my food with you (aka put it in your mouth whether you like it or not) and even my pacifier.
  • Still going to bed at 7:00 and waking up between 6:30 and 7:00 in the morning.  
  • I sleep cuddled up in "my nest".  This would be the pile of blankets I construct once Mommy and Daddy leave the room at night.
  • I love the ABC song!
  • Still a dancing fool.  Especially to anything that has a quick beat.  I bop my head and move my hips.
  • My teeth are so slow.  I've been teething since I was just a wee tot, and only my two bottom ones have poked through.  My top two are right there, and you can see them through my gums.  They are huge and it looks like I will resemble a rabbit once they make their appearance.
  • I can arm wrestle my Dad.  I always win!!
  • Dinosaurs are SOOOO COOOOL!!  I love Dinosaur Train and all of my dino books.
  • Sometimes on hot nights Mommy and Daddy (and sometimes Gramma) take me to Dairy Queen where I get my very own cone.  I have learned to stick out my tongue to get to the good stuff.
  • It appears that I am right handed, to much of my Dad's dismay.
  • Wearing 2T clothing like a champ!
  • I spend a lot of my days working on new skills.  I can fit blocks into their matching shapes on a bucket and watch them disappear.  I can stack things on top on one another, and then knock them down promptly.  Just to name a few.
  • I can mimic any facial expression you make at me.  My favorites are "Get Excited", "Squishy Face", "Mad Face" and "The Snort".
  • This may sound a little odd, but I also know how to stick my fingers down my throat to the point where I throw up.  I think it's hysterical.  (Mommy says that this is an issue she will be taking up with Dr. Matray.)
  • I can open the doors to my bedroom and Mommy and Daddy's bedroom and flush toilets.
  • I look good with a comb over.
  • I did my first art project this month.  Painted Mommy and Daddy a beautiful picture.  I also painted Gramma and Boompa outdoor furniture in the process.
  • I love playing tag with my Auntie Laura!!
  • I act like a three year-old stuck in a one year-old's body!
  • I have almost switched completely to whole milk and only drink two (maybe three) bottles a day.  otherwise, I'm drinking out of my sippy cup!!  I love that thing.
  • I always think my bottle is half full :)
That was quite the list!  Next time you hear from me I will be ONE WHOLE YEAR!!  Twelve months old and growing like a weed.  I can't wait to see what Dr. Matray has to say at my next appointment.  Keep your eyes posted for all the cool stuff happening in the next month or so.  It should be a good time.

Until next time my fellow cutie patooties,

MLB

No comments: