Links

Saturday, January 1, 2011

NYE *2011*

With having children brings new traditions.  Some we love, some not so much.  I must share with you our New Year's Eve tradition which happens to be one of my favorite all year... NEW YEAR'S AT THE IN-LAWS.  That's right.  I don't believe too many people can say this.  Generally speaking, the majority of our friends start the new year off in some crazy fashion, spending gabillions of dollars and the night being as memorable as last Tuesday.  This is not the case for us.  It began when the first year we had Michael- so last year (seems longer than that for some reason).  We head over to Mike and Jane's mid-afternoon.  We enjoy each other's company (which usually includes my sister-in-laws), an early cocktail or two and spend the few hours before kiddies' bedtime playing and giggling as usual.  Then we get the kiddos down, and all hell breaks loose.  I'm talking loud music, STRIP punch, more drinks than the average adult should consume on any given holiday, our favorite game- musical categories, laughing, and tears all wrapped up into hours of wonderful entertainment.  This year was no different.  In fact, this was one helluva night.  To sum it up, we went to bed at 4 AM.  William woke up and was awake until 5:00.  Michael woke up at 6:15 for the day.  Like I said, one helluva night.  I'm putting it lightly when I say that my New Years day was not so fun.  I took 341 pictures of the evening.  Here are a few of my faves...


















Told you it was a good night.

No comments: