Links

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Our {Zoo}.

Geeesh, was today B.E.A.U.TI.FUL!  The zoo it is.  Auntie DL and Boompa joined us today and we had a great time.  Really, if you are looking to kill a couple of hours the zoo is the way to go.  We're in the middle of one of the worst nap schedules of all time.  Will is in between two (long) and three (short) naps, and Michael one.  None of these naps coincide with one another.  Really.  I ALWAYS have a child up during the middle of the day assisting me in my motherly duties (i.e. dishes, laundry, snoozing, vacuuming).  So, when I say it's a nice way to kill a couple of hours I'm speaking of the 2 1/2 hours mid-morning for us when both boys happen to be awake at the same time.  Hence, our zoo.  Usually people go to the zoo for the day.  Not us.  I love that Michael has started to take interest in the animals.  For a long time there we would go to the zoo to, well, how do I say it, burn calories.  All we did was walk around and frolic on the playground.  Yes, we went to the zoo to play on the playground.  I know what you're thinking.  You don't have to say it.  Whatever keeps 'em happy, right?  William still enjoys the walking and playing, not the animals so much.  So, Den had a great time educating Michael on all things wildlife and William and I blew bubbles at each other while my father-in-law literally tried to get the attention of a polar bear by waving and jumping up and down.  Unfortunately, my camera was out of my reach for this portion of the experience.  One minute into our drive home both boys fell asleep, only for William to wake up the second we got into the driveway and Michael a brief 34 minutes later.  Ugh.  Not all naps are created equal I suppose.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: