Links

Friday, May 25, 2012

School's Out for Summer


School’s Out for Summer!
Michael’s last day of Pre-2 was today.  I snuck in for the first 15 minutes of the morning to snap some pics of our soon-to-be three year-old.  Geesh, that’s weird to say.  I was pleased that Michael didn’t pay me any attention.  In fact, he was so busy in a block build-off I don't think he even knew I was there.  
I can describe Michael’s year in one word: EVOLUTIONARY!  I know that between the ages of two and three kiddos change quite a bit.  But, our MLB started the year not saying a single word other than hi, and now he is life’s little commentator which has been a huge sigh of relief for me personally.  I was beyond worried on our first day of speech therapy, and what do ya know Michael simply needed a little bit of time to come into his own.  He knows all of his colors, can count to 17 and backwards from 12.  Can identify numbers 1-13 and half of the alphabet.  He’s a shape wizard (thank you iPad), and has mastered the tricycle.  He refuses to color inside the lines, which I think is a great characteristic trait.  And, I am pleased to report he was excited every single Monday and Friday to see William and I waiting for him on the other side of the glass door.  I hope to always remember those hugs.  He is very much looking forward to having playdates over the summer with all of the friends he made during the school year, and we are all anxious for Pre-3 in the fall.  Oh, and Mr. William will also be in school come September.  One kiddo in school every day of the week.  What I’m I going to do with all my spare time?!


No comments: