Links

Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Second Half of April... Starring Michael Lincoln Breier!!

Dennis and I spent the second half of April preparing for our little bundle of joy!

1.  We attended our Saturday birthing seminar (well, half of it)...
I do appreciate the fact that someone took the time to go over all of these wonderful techniques with Dennis and I.  However, I now am a firm believer that nothing can really prepare me for what will happen on Michael's birthday.  I plan on going the drug free route, and have been working on focusing and breathing at home.  But, because I have never given birth before, I clearly cannot fully understand what position will be comfortable at any given time or what will ease the pain.  All I am hoping for is that when the time comes Dennis will help me through the contractions as best he can, and I will do my best in making sure he comes into this world as quickly and as calmly as possible.  Needless to say, lamaze/birthing class maybe isn't our thing.

2.  We bought a family friendly car...

 
Den really excited about the new purchase!!

Our new 2009 Nissan Versa!!

3.  Had our 32 week appointment in which we learned that maybe our little nugget is ahead of schedule.  This is what we looked like from the outside at about 32 weeks...


31 weeks, 4 days



It seemed as though I woke up one morning and there he was.  All of a sudden my belly had popped, my feet were swollen and the exhaustion had completely taken over my body.  I had been incredibly sick five times, and it just seemed that once I got over one illness another bug jumped into my system.  So, now I'm only working half days in hopes that I'll get enough rest to stay healthier than I have been.  Let me tell ya, a cold knocks my socks off and my world is rocked because of it.  When I don't have a bug I feel wonderful.  Tired, but wonderful!  Most of all, I love watching my belly dance.  He's so active, he simply amazes me every day with what he is capable of doing in such a small space. 

At our appointment we found I had gained six pounds in four weeks bringing my grand total to about 20 lbs, my belly was measuring in at 34 weeks and he seemed to be a little larger than your average 32 weeker from external exam (heartbeat again in the 150s).  So, they scheduled us for an ultrasound just to see where it was our stinker was at and this is what we saw...

Look at that little face! (33 weeks, 4 days)

Weighing in at the size of a 35 week old fetus, 5 lbs. 15 oz. of solid baby and floating in the 85th percentile... OUR MICHAEL LINCOLN!  Now we haven't seen him since week 17 when we found out he was a boy.  So, first on the agenda after making sure he was in perfect condition was confirming that he is in fact a boy.  And... he is!  He's head down, perfectly healthy with a heart rate of 133 bmp.  He's larger than your average baby and has just the finest head of hair.  Realistically, he is just about ready.  A couple more weeks and we're in the clear.  Looks at though (if we go to full term) we'll be having ourselves a boy close to nine pounds.  I can't wait to get some of Dennis' baby pictures up here.  Maybe I'm crazy but already there is a startling resemblance.  I'm in perfect shape, too, which is only good news.  Keri, Michael's God Mother, joined us for the ultrasound.  I'm so happy she had the chance to make it!!  Now, we'll be making visits to UIHC every two weeks to check on the little peanut.  Week 34 starts on Monday!  We're so close! 

4.  We moved into our new home...

After what seemed like the longest week ever, we packed up and moved out of our former house into our new home on Thursday!!  Jane came out to help us with the details, which included everything.  Being that I'm 8 plus months pregnant lifting wasn't exactly on my agenda, neither was bending over.  I had to work half of the day, and when I got home Jane had whipped the old place into order by cleaning her heart out and Dennis and Nathan had packed up a large four bedroom and moved it to the garage in prep for the UHaul to arrive.  THANK YOU, NATE, SCOTT, NATHAN, and especially JANE AND DEN FOR MAKING THE MOVE GO SO SMOOTHLY!  We are now in our new home and slowly putting things together.  I'm not in any rush, and I want to enjoy this experience with Dennis.  The poor guy, moving really wore him out...


Pictures of the new house to come soon!  We're so happy to be back in Iowa City and in a wonderful neighborhood (right next door to Black Stone).  We can't wait to get going on the nursery!!  One room at a time, right?!

A couple of other brief notes about April...

Michael's God Father, Chris, lost his brother in the middle of the month.  Nemo, we love you and you are in our prayers.  On a happier note, Nate (soon-to-be Uncle Natey) was just offered an interview with a new company in Kansas City!  We're so excited for him and his new adventure.  Keep your fingers crossed for him!!

Welcome May!!



No comments: