Links

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks ::2010::

Phew, don't mind if I take a second to sit down.  Still trying to decompress after our holiday weekend.  Just as the years before us, Thanksgiving did not disappoint this year.  We kicked off the long (booze) filled weekend hosting Den's immediate family at our house on Wednesday night.  Danielle and Jane passed out on the couch at approximately 9:30, not because of intoxication, but because "they were tired, " while the rest of us celebrated the beginning of the holiday season.  A good time.  Good time.

Thursday we loaded up the boys and took off to Mike and Jane's for what was to be two days of just pure ridiculousness. Thanksgiving was a wonderful time.  Great food, family and friends.  And, then I did something I have never done before.  I went shopping.  Yep, shopping at 2:30 a.m. with my sister-in-law, Danielle.  I had a brief list.  Just four items, but I was going to get them at the price I deemed reasonable- ON SALE!!  Old Navy.  Target.  Best Buy.  Let's just say DL was great company.  The lines were too long.  The people were monsters.  Legal looting I believe Danielle called it.  It was nothing like I had ever seen.  People camping out ON THANKSGIVING DAY to say the least to get a 52" television, when they should have been home watching football on television.  We simply waited for the lines to file in and then quickly snuck in behind them as I beelined it to the department I was interested in.  I got exactly what I went out for, for exactly the price I wanted to pay and we returned home at 6:15 in the morning where I found both of my boys wide awake.  That meant no sleep for Mommy, until I forced Dennis out of bed at 8:00 because I literally thought I was going to die from sleep deprivation.  

Friday we had our annual bowling day, but we switched things up a bit this year.  Instead of hosting the Annual Drunken Ugly Christmas Sweater Bowling Extravaganza we had the No Matter What Bowling Tournament, in honor of a golf tourney the men once played in.  The Koenemans aren't going to be in town for Christmas, so we had to get everyone together now when they were here instead of the warm sandy beaches of Florida.  The best part... WE HAD A SITTER!  Four free hours of doing whatever it was we pleased.  I felt spoiled.    But, let's just say that I had to call it an early night because the shopping earlier in the day took the life out of me.

Here are a few photos from our three day binge.  Enjoy!!  

No comments: