Links

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thirty Candles

Thirty Candles

This week is dragging.  I think because we have a blow out planned for Den’s 30th on Saturday- and to say that I’m looking forward to it is the understatement of the year.  Last night, however, was wonderful.  Uncle Nemo joined us for dinner- Halupki (stuffed peppers with cabbage) per Den’s request.  Then Gramma and Boompa popped in for singing, ice cream and cake (and maybe a few celebratory cocktails, too)!  Thirty candles topped a chocolate on chocolate cake.  It took three big puffs before my three men were able to blow out each and every single one of them.  Easily my favorite moment of the night.  The boys surprised their dad with a new Konerko jersey and Sox hat, then ate most of his cake and ice cream.  Fair trade-off wouldn't you say?  You might be able to see I did a little decorating.  It was a hodge podge job.  Left over decor from the boys’ summer birthday parties.  Dennis is not a fan of me spending money on him and it's not quite a birthday party without decorations- so this is how I get around that.  And, one of my favorite tricks... finger paint on mirrors.  I painted a giant 30 on the mirror in our dining room.  Super easy to do and to top it all off wipes right off with a little windex and a paper towel.  It’s amazing how a little finger paint can brighten a room! 
  It was a perfect night.  Come on Saturday!!
To be continued...

No comments: