Links

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Homeruns4Hope

On Sunday we made the trip out to Arlington Heights for a fundraiser put on by Homeruns for Hope, an event in honor of a fraternity brother of Dennis' who passed away in March after battling cancer.  His good buddy Zack Clow and wife Emily did such an amazing job putting together a wiffleball home run derby.  Also included in the fundraiser was a giant silent auction, raffles, etc.  All of the proceeds were donated to the American Cancer Society.  Dennis raised $550 (top fundraiser award) to participate in the derby.  He was given ten pitches.  He hit one of them.  It was foul.  Nine wiffs.  What can I say, I'll have to teach Michael how to hit a ball with a bat.  The coolest portion of the fundraiser (well, at least to me it was) was watching Elliott From of ArtBeat Live paint a large Blackhawks logo, which was then raffled off immediately after he painted it.  I'm a huge fan of Elliott's.  When I heard about this fundraiser I had to put him in touch with Emily and Zack.  I knew that having Elliott perform for the audience could bring in some money for the ACS, and it did.  The fundraiser pulled in over $15K for the ACS.  I didn't take many pictures, but here are a couple from our day.  If you are interested in making a donation in honor of Joe Marsillo you can do so at www.homeruns4hope.org.  It's not too late!!  And, check out Elliott's work at his website, www.artbeatlive.com.


Den in the derby.


Elliott From with his painting and the family who won the auction at $800!!


I just had to put this up.  Bri was such a trooper.  She painted faces during the entire fundraiser.  Tiger faces, Spiderman, mustaches.  You name it, she did it.  Way to go, Bri!!

No comments: